Happy Birthday, Jonathan

Nine years ago today at 7:41 pm, you gave me the greatest gift of all, your first breath.
As I look back over the past nine years and realize how fast they've gone by, I realize the next nine years are going to go even faster.  Can we make the time stop, please?
In nine years, you will be an adult, a senior in high school, and taking gigantic steps towards your future.
But, not yet.
For now, you take baby steps towards finishing third grade.
I may add, I am soooo proud of you this year!
No green tickets, no therapy sessions, no front office visit...
just pure joy for the next day of school to come!
That just goes to show those baby steps are getting bigger (size 5 1/2 to be exact).
You, my Big Guy (size 14 to be exact), are maturing each and every day!
You have learned to block out Mr. Grumpy pants, worry, and anxiety.
I'm soooo proud of you!
You have learned to block out the devil when he's tried to tear you down.
I'm so proud of you!
You have learned to block the goal.
I'm so proud of you!
You stand...
proud, brave, just above mom's (what happend to mommy or mama?) shoulders, and on the promises of God.
You do still like to sit and cuddle at times too (can we make those times last a little longer please?).
Happy 9th Birthday, Jonathan!
I love you~Mom

Comments

Laura said…
Happy Birthday Jonathan!!

Popular Posts